Tuesday, September 1, 2009

2 - rice, beans and veggie salad

This summer I have been staying at home, I start grad school in a month and although I love to cook for my husband and for me, sometimes I am either too tired, depressed or uninspired to cook... today was such a day - but I had to eat, so I opened the fridge door and looked.

I noticed that I had some leftover rice and lots of veggies (tip - keep your veggies on top rack of the fridge so that you use them regularly!) so I made a super quick and yummy salad.

Ingredients
1 1/2 cups of rice
1/2 can garbanzo beans
1/4 red sweet pepper, chopped
1 medium tomato, chopped
1/2 cucumber, chopped
4 sticks of cilantro, chopped (or persley if you dont like cilantro)
1 lemon, juiced
4 olives, sliced
salt
pepper
olive oil

what I did:
mix everything together and enjoy!!!!!

suggestions: you can add any vegetables that you have in your fridge, like onions, lettuce, hard boiled egg, etc....
this is just an easy way to cook something fast from leftoever....

bon apetit!


1 comment:

  1. me gusta la idea del arroz y garbanzos.... derrepente me imagine un poco de palta molida para darle consistencia!

    ReplyDelete